Meeting time

I was all calm and smooth sailing yesterday evening, not a worry that things would get real and we would meet our Chinese friends today. 
But during the night I had a very light sleep, waking up with an uneasy mind, like there was something I had forgotten, then falling asleep again. To repeat the pattern.

15 minutes before the alarm went off a realisation startled me:
- How would we - me and my chinese student friend - get to our assigned field study on wednesday?! I started checking the bus time-table in panic! Since we have to be on field study at 08:00 am we would have to either ride two busses for a totalt time of 58 minutes, or, walk three kilometers in the dark into town and get on just one bus for 15 minutes.



"Who would walk three kilometers in the morning darkness with someone they just met?"
I asked myself.

Luckily when we meet up at school and the welcome meeting, my classmates Frida and Doris had av solution. Why not borrow Doris car and drop off her and her chinese friend in town, then take the car to our field study outside of town?
That's perfect! It's faster and more practical for everyone, even Doris who doesn't have to pay for parking since I am taking the car.

A trivial problem, but an stressful start on two well-planned weeks with our chinese exchange students. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment